Powered by Blogger.

Lipstick Sundays : Jelly Pong Pong Supermodel Stain in Nymphette

 Sunday, December 16, 2012

Haven't been doing a lot of Lipstick Sundays posts because my husband always catches me in the middle of camwhoring. Awkward. :) I also don't like to take that many photos of myself because I have to prep so much before hand... make sure I'm not wearing crap clothes. Make sure my hair looks presentable. Make sure the background doesn't have a pile of dirty laundry behind. Hahaha! Should learn how to be more narcissistic. =)


As mentioned, this blog keeps me motivated to still take care of my appearance, so I think it's a good thing? Also to use up all the make-up that I keep buying! One of it is my Jelly Pong Pong Supermodel Stain that I bought from a Hishop sale. From almost a year back! They are having another Xmas sale now, so if you want to get the Supermodel Stain, you can check it out on that website. It is going for RM49 (usual price RM80) and comes in 3 colors : No Breakfast (a pinkish / peach shade), Cupcake Pout (dark red, more towards magenta) and Nymphette (bright reddish orange). The one that I bought is a hot cherry shade called "Nymphette".

So what was it about this "Supermodel Stain" that attracted me to it? Like Benefit's Benetint, this is also a product that does double duty as a lip & cheek tint. I'm always curious about things like that! It makes you feel like you are getting a damn good deal. However, unlike Benetint's liquid-y cheek & lip tint, this one is a sticky-ish  balm-like texture. They call it a "Highly Pigmented lip and cheek pomade". Just referred to good ol' Google, and a pomade is a "ointment". Hahaha, learn something new everyday.


Yes, as you can tell from the first two pictures, it is SUPER SMALL IN SIZE. It only weighs 2.2g and can easily be hidden in the palm of your hand! Imagine yourself as a waif-like model in skinny jeans, you can easily slip this into the back pocket of your pants. You could do your touch-ups on the plane and look super fresh and vivacious when you land. Honestly, when *I* slip it into my jeans pocket, it doesn't even look like I have anything in my pockets because it's so small! I'm just afraid taht one day I would forget to take it out and it ends up in the wash. *HORROR*


The packaging  is quite nice --- it comes in a hardy little aluminium tin. I don't really care for the graphic design, but it flips open and has a mirror inside the compact. It's so teeny weeny already, so unexpected that there's a mirror inside! But that's the Supermodel Stain for ya... supermodels need to look in the mirror when they are touching up, right?


So how do you use it? Ignore the non-glam-ness of the above picture. I was in a hurry to snap photos before le husband comes out and asks me to stop camwhoring. Sadly, in the few shots that I took, the above was the most proper one. *weeps* I thought I was photogenic! I was wondering if I should even post it, but I suppose it would give you a better estimation of how I actually look BEFORE the Stain comes on. :(


Gently tap the surface of the Supermodel Stain until you transfer some color onto your finger. Quickly tap across your cheeks and lips and blend until satisfactory. I couldn't take some good pics at this point cos quite ridiculous to keep tapping and blending and recording at the same time. Similar to my experience with ChaChaTint from Benefit, but because this is a pomade-texture (and not a liquid texture), it doesn't require you to be super fast when blending. For ChaChaTint, if you don't blend it fast enough, the first few spots that you transfer the color to will be more obvious than the other areas after blending.

For Supermodel Stain, no such worry, but because it's a stickier type of texture, you need to blend MORE. I don't quite fancy constantly rubbing across my skin, and if you believe that bubbles are too harsh for your skin (read previous post for context), better don't use this! A lot of rubbing and blending required!

Although the color looks quite bright in the compact case, it all depends on how much color you transfer back to your own face. You can go gentle and light, and the above is already with one "coat" of Supermodel Stain applied. The cherry color isn't that obvious, in fact it looks very natural and  fresh already. Some might even think that there is not much blush / lippie in this pic... until they see how pale and colorless I am in the above photo! 

Same with Benetint .. if there's not enough color... just keep applying more and more til you get the shade you want!


See how stained my finger is already? I decided I wanted more vibrant lips and wound out with this  more orange-like tone. I think a light swipe is more suitable, more reddish / pinkish. Too much and you get this reddish / orange-ish shade! As with Benetint, I feel like more color ends up on my fingers than on my face. Also same note of advise .... if you are the type who piles on a lot of foundation / BB cream, best not to use this product! Stick to powder blushers! I think it would be super difficult to blend if you apply on top of foundation, and I think you would have to put clown-like levels of blusher if you apply it UNDER foundation. However, don't take my word for it, I haven't actually tried it. I rarely wear foundation (unless for formal events) and I usually go out with just moisturiser or with Benefit's That Gal. Super lazy, I know!

As you can see from above pictures, the Supermodel Stain is also not very moisturising (or maybe I just have ULTRA dry lips), so you might like to use some lipbalm on top of it (or before you apply it! up to you!).

You might think this is super expensive for a 2.2g product, but I have a feeling that this is going to last me for freaking-ever. You really don't need to press damn hard on the pomade to get the color, just gently tap and swipe only. I would say, I only needed to tap maybe 3 times to put on my blusher, and 2 times for my lips. Oh, and a plus point for this : it really smells very nice! Like sweeeeeeeeet cherries. Very very enticing. It doesn't last forever though, just when applying, I don't really take note of it for the rest of the day.

However, not a repurchase for me because I really don't like using my fingers and rubbing so vigorously on my face to apply blusher... still, it was an interesting experiment...

FYI, I bought this at Hishop, so far, the only place that I go to for my Jelly Pong Pong stuff! :)



3 comments:

KeiKeiKirsten December 16, 2012 at 5:59 AM  

I only have one liptint from TonyMoly so I would love to try more! I will look out for this! by the way you are so pretty! (;3;)/~♥

winnie December 17, 2012 at 2:24 AM  

Hi,

I would like to contact you for a product review. I would appreciate if you can provide me your email. You can reach me at winnie.yeoh@vanitytrove.com.

Please feel free to checkout our website: www.vanitytrove.com/my

Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,
Winnie Yeoh

VanityTrove Malaysia
Marketing
Mobile: 012-6522 577

http://www.vanitytrove.com/my
https://twitter.com/VanityTroveMY
https://www.facebook.com/VanityTroveMalaysia

Leech The Leceh December 18, 2012 at 12:05 AM  

KeiKei Kirsten : I've seen TonyMoly skincare around, but not make-up! Interesting! And omg, you look like a doll! *_*

Winnie : Hi Winnie, I dropped you an email. ^^

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP